Living the dream

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. After decades of want, I am finally beginning my first saltwater tank build thanks to my children convincing my wife getting a Nemo is a good idea. Starting with a Marine X 110.4 and seeing where this hobby leads. Soaked in a firehose of information the past few weeks. Looking forward to the continual pursuit of reef knowledge.
Welcome to Reef2Reef! Make sure you go to your local fish store make sure its not a chain! They always have good info, and what to buy next, they can also help out with problems like algae. If you do get hair algae, bubble algae, diatoms, or briopis its always curable. Most online info is useful but having someone you can go to and ask anything (your local fish store) is awesome. Goodluck the adventure will be tough at times with algae, fish deaths, coral deaths, and ugly phases just don't give up!
Reefing is all about the adventure.

OP
OP
RWReefer

RWReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef! Make sure you go to your local fish store make sure its not a chain! They always have good info, and what to buy next, they can also help out with problems like algae. If you do get hair algae, bubble algae, diatoms, or briopis its always curable. Most online info is useful but having someone you can go to and ask anything (your local fish store) is awesome. Goodluck the adventure will be tough at times with algae, fish deaths, coral deaths, and ugly phases just don't give up!
Reefing is all about the adventure.
Appreciate the reply. My son and I went a visited the three stores near us to scope them out. Luckily I have a close family member who has had a tank for years, so I’ve got some close experience to help guide in addition to the LFS/online resources.

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the reply. My son and I went a visited the three stores near us to scope them out. Luckily I have a close family member who has had a tank for years, so I’ve got some close experience to help guide in addition to the LFS/online resources.
Awesome.

Keko21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1699907779029.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back