lobophytum with no polyps extension

  • Thread starter Thread starter foxngn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

foxngn

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2015
Messages
246
Reaction score
127
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, i got this piece of lobophytum long time ago. Previously I place it up top with low flow, it got very good polyps extension.

20250122_163953.jpg


But i believe ever sincenl i placed a sinularia beside it, it never extend any polyps.
Ever since then, i had it moved to mid light mid flow, with no sinularia beside it but it still doesn't extend any polyps.
It at it's current place for like close to 3 weeks. While at previous one was close to 3 months without polyps extension.

What could i do to entice polyps extension?

1000116236.jpg
 
i don't recall if they shed at all, but maybe its getting ready to shed? i see a slight tinge of brown over it that could indicate this, but also could be something bacterial.
 
i don't recall if they shed at all, but maybe its getting ready to shed? i see a slight tinge of brown over it that could indicate this, but also could be something bacterial.
to be honest, even during it's peak time, I also never saw them shed at all. I owned this piece for more than a year.
 
As long as nothing is stinging it / biting it and you aren't zeroed out on nitrate and phosphate, I wouldn't worry.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new