Loc Line Wye Reducer

immo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have a .stl for a 3/4 - 1/2 loc line wye reducer? I haven't been able to find anything online, and my modeling skills just aren't there.

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could probably get by with ABS, but locline needs an inherent amount of flexibility to snap and not just fracture. Nylon would remain ideal for a print.

OP
OP
immo

immo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Printing with PETG on a p1p. I’ve printed quite a bit of loc line for my other tanks with no issue.

Is nylon reef safe?

I don’t do abs, mainly because of the chemicals in it.

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have printed a good deal of loc line.
The files are actually available on their website. I believe they may be in .STEP form

The fun thing about this is everyone above is correct they do crack and they don't last long I have printed them in PLA and PETG and even TPU.
I have adjusted the tolerances to allow for them to snap together. If you use them in their actual dimensions they will break. and they will work for a time in either PLA or PETG The TPU is too flexible.

If you do decide to print them make sure you print so your layers are building upwards with the circle not sideways that will snap immediately.

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here's a picture of my frozen feeder. I did not want any cables going over the top in my aquarium which meant I had to feed it off of one of my return lines. The return lines are all 1/2 in and I reduced this down to quarter inch.

This is all PETG

PXL_20230912_002823978.jpg

OP
OP
immo

immo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have printed a good deal of loc line.
The files are actually available on their website. I believe they may be in .STEP form

The fun thing about this is everyone above is correct they do crack and they don't last long I have printed them in PLA and PETG and even TPU.
I have adjusted the tolerances to allow for them to snap together. If you use them in their actual dimensions they will break. and they will work for a time in either PLA or PETG The TPU is too flexible.

If you do decide to print them make sure you print so your layers are building upwards with the circle not sideways that will snap immediately.
I will have to check on their site. Most of what I've printed has only been the single loc line nozzles, without any hose sections. I've had them running for 6+ months no issues. But that may be mostly because of the limited points of failure.

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will have to check on their site. Most of what I've printed has only been the single loc line nozzles, without any hose sections. I've had them running for 6+ months no issues. But that may be mostly because of the limited points of failure.
I have found the getting brittle point is about 8 months for PLA. The PETG can go pretty long. Years it seems like.

OP
OP
immo

immo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I printed some media baskets for my deskmates in PLA, and in like 2 months I pulled them out to clean out the AIO, and they were falling apart. I've been printing exclusively in PETG for a while now. I think I only have 1 roll of PLA, and it's only because my printer came with it, lol.

XtraKargo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can give this a go. Just converted the .STEP file based on the notes above.

Attachments

• 61512, 69552, 3-4 to 1-2 Y Reducer.zip
    137.7 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
immo

immo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the wye puts too much back pressure on the pump and I’m not getting enough flow to really work the rfg. I’m running a varios 4 on a reefer 250 so I don’t think the pump is the issue. Printing some 3/4 hose pieces and a reducer. Gonna try some different things and see what works best. Green cheek approved.

Attachments

• IMG_2460.jpeg
    IMG_2460.jpeg
    248.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2462.jpeg
    IMG_2462.jpeg
    226.3 KB · Views: 33

XtraKargo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think the wye puts too much back pressure on the pump and I’m not getting enough flow to really work the rfg. I’m running a varios 4 on a reefer 250 so I don’t think the pump is the issue. Printing some 3/4 hose pieces and a reducer. Gonna try some different things and see what works best. Green cheek approved.
Prints look great! I'm still trying to dial in my settings for my PETG to string less.

Love the little green cheek! That's awesome

OP
OP
immo

immo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prints look great! I'm still trying to dial in my settings for my PETG to string less.

Love the little green cheek! That's awesome
What printer are you using? And what slicer?

It's my wife's bird, and he pretty well demands attention at all times, and is into more than a toddler, lol.

XtraKargo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What printer are you using? And what slicer?

It's my wife's bird, and he pretty well demands attention at all times, and is into more than a toddler, lol.
It's a Sovol SV06 and I just started using SuperSlicer when I got it about 4 months ago. I was using a stock ender before, but with all the upgrades to make it run as nice/smoothly I decided to put the money into the Sovol.

I nearly considered a Green Face conure years ago when I was traveling a lot for company on the road. My wife nixxed the idea.

OP
OP
immo

immo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a Sovol SV06 and I just started using SuperSlicer when I got it about 4 months ago. I was using a stock ender before, but with all the upgrades to make it run as nice/smoothly I decided to put the money into the Sovol.

I nearly considered a Green Face conure years ago when I was traveling a lot for company on the road. My wife nixxed the idea.
I don’t have any experience with the sovol printers. Just the Ender 3 and p1p. But there’s a slicer called orca slicer and it has built in calibrations. I have only used those for the p1p since I got it I put the Ender up in the closet lol. But the calibrations work amazing in my experience.

The green cheek was my wife’s doing but I guess he’s alright. Way better than the cockatiels she had before, but so hard to deal with sometimes.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 143 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back