Local club doing amazing things for its community.

Reefer559

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to a local club in my town I'm proud to be part of the reefing community. A few months ago I heard of a new club starting in my city while shopping at a local fish store. My first reaction was No Thanks!! being that there is another long time club here in the Central Valley that I recently joined and quickly discovered was kind of a good old boy network of guys and not very good to its members. Anyway I decided to take a look at their site anyway and was amazed at what I was seeing. This small club less than a month old had decided to make part of their clubs objective to give back to the community starting with a Cancer Support Aquarium being put in a large local Cancer chemo treatment center to help ease the patients undergoing treatment. I thought what a great idea and read on to see how this project was going to be done only to find out it was almost to completion already I was truly amazed. This tank is awesome with everything donated by some of the biggest manufacturers in the hobby Custom 120g tank and oak 40" stand donated by Advanced Aqua Tanks & Q&D Woodworking Inc, Two Kessil A350's donated by Kessil, Live sand donated by Aquatic Rocks & Supplies, Live Rock donated by Real Reef, Three Mag Drive pumps to run the system donated by Danner MFG, Ecobak Pellets donated by Warner Marine, Sump Skimmer ATO media reactors and pellet reactor donated by Bashea, UV sterilizer donated by Aqua Ultra Violet, Heaters Marine Land, Livestock by ERI, Salt for the life of the tank by Red Sea, Food for the live of the tank by Ocean Nutrition and Tank service provided for the live of the aquarium by Three Seas Exotic Marine Life. I hope I have all these companies correct I pulled the names from the Support tank thread.

Anyway I posted here because I was so impressed with what this newly formed club was doing for my community and thought what a great story to share with others around the country and hoping maybe some of these other local clubs may take notice and do something similar in there areas. Here is a link to the Cancer Support Aquarium thread this is truly a precedent for a reef club and am proud to be part of it.

http://fragroup.org/content.php
http://fragroup.org/showthread.php?41-Cancer-Support-Aquarium

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great story, thanks for sharing and Welcome to R2R!!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's great and I am glad to hear! :) Welcome!

emerald525

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! Saltwater aquariums can definitely be therapeutic! It is always inspiring what local reefers can accomplish! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%

Back