lonely shrimp

  • Thread starter Thread starter shcrimps
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

shcrimps

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2023
Messages
643
Reaction score
497
Location
san diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know this will probably seem insignificant and it might be
however (small backstory) in december i bought a pederson cleaner shrimp that i named shrimple plan, she routinely carries eggs and such. always seems happy to see my waving the little whisker things all about when i come around
lives with two small fish who have no interest in her whatsoever and she seems very social
my question you ask?
do any of you think that shrimps get sad?
i’ve been looking for about a month for another one so she wouldn’t be so alone but with no luck so far. one thing i have noticed is the day of/ after eggs disappear from her
she doesn’t seem as sociable
anywho i think my shrimp is sad and i wanna get her a friend
 
i know this will probably seem insignificant and it might be
however (small backstory) in december i bought a pederson cleaner shrimp that i named shrimple plan, she routinely carries eggs and such. always seems happy to see my waving the little whisker things all about when i come around
lives with two small fish who have no interest in her whatsoever and she seems very social
my question you ask?
do any of you think that shrimps get sad?
i’ve been looking for about a month for another one so she wouldn’t be so alone but with no luck so far. one thing i have noticed is the day of/ after eggs disappear from her
she doesn’t seem as sociable
anywho i think my shrimp is sad and i wanna get her a friend
IMO shrimp cleaner shrimp are smart, but I don't believe they get sad, I've always thought of their whiskers as cat tails since its how they seem to "communicate". Very interesting shrimp behavior; I've never heard of anything like this. Share some pictures of her!
 
i know this will probably seem insignificant and it might be
however (small backstory) in december i bought a pederson cleaner shrimp that i named shrimple plan, she routinely carries eggs and such. always seems happy to see my waving the little whisker things all about when i come around
lives with two small fish who have no interest in her whatsoever and she seems very social
my question you ask?
do any of you think that shrimps get sad?
i’ve been looking for about a month for another one so she wouldn’t be so alone but with no luck so far. one thing i have noticed is the day of/ after eggs disappear from her
she doesn’t seem as sociable
anywho i think my shrimp is sad and i wanna get her a friend
IMO shrimp cleaner shrimp are smart, but I don't believe they get sad, I've always thought of their whiskers as cat tails since its how they seem to "communicate". Very interesting shrimp behavior; I've never heard of anything like this. Share some pictures of her!
Agreed!
 
IMO shrimp cleaner shrimp are smart, but I don't believe they get sad, I've always thought of their whiskers as cat tails since its how they seem to "communicate". Very interesting shrimp behavior; I've never heard of anything like this. Share some pictures of her!
IMG_9210.jpeg
not the brightest shrimp in the sea but she is definitely a joy, loves to catch little air bubbles and such, by far the most personable shrimp i’ve ever kept
++ shrimp are the entire reason i got into the hobby originally (started with freshwater) and gradually moved over to SW for the vast kinds there are
love them all, especially the smaller ones and weird oddballs you don’t see often
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9187.mov
    10.3 MB
gonna try to take some higher quality pictures once im back home
 
++ shrimp are the entire reason i got into the hobby originally (started with freshwater) and gradually moved over to SW for the vast kinds there are
love them all, especially the smaller ones and weird oddballs you don’t see often
I have a small tank full of cherry shrimp and I love watching them interact with one another! She looks out of this world haha. I will definitely be adding one of these for my next reef!
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new