Long-clawed hermit crabs reef safe?

shartpants007

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2021
Messages
115
Reaction score
45
Location
NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also for consideration, are reefs long-clawed hermit crabs safe?
I've been finding tons of these fellows at the beach the past few days, and was wondering if I could add them to my tank safely. Wouldn't want to even try though if there are any major risks involved. I googled, of course, but didn't find any definite answers.
 
Most likely not. Most crabs and hermit crabs aren’t reef safe even the ones that are considered “reef safe” are more “reef safe with caution”. I would stick to the ones that are more known to do well in a reef tank.
 
Upvote 0
Most likely not. Most crabs and hermit crabs aren’t reef safe even the ones that are considered “reef safe” are more “reef safe with caution”. I would stick to the ones that are more known to do well in a reef tank.
Thanks. I thought not, but figured it was interesting enough a topic to warrant discussion. I know my hermits have always been very well behaved, so I guess I tend to forget how mischievous they can be.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new