Long run from fish room to DT

Lousybreed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about 50’ between my display tank and my fish room where my Neptune Apex is. Question is how do I run things like leak detectors, the Neptune PAR meter, and LED moon lights that far? Cut wires and splice a 50’ wire? Any help would be great.

OP
OP
Lousybreed

Lousybreed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I need the module in the fish room and want to run just one of the leak detectors. Just cut the existing wire and use speaker wires?

Captmcfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the wire that is being spliced has a shield to reduce interference then your going to need to run shielded cable as any interference could change your readings. Make sure to splice said cable properly. My preferred method is to use butt spice crimps and heat shrink. Beldin makes an excellent twisted pair shielded cable.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 32.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back