Long run from fish room to DT

Lousybreed

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2017
Messages
854
Reaction score
708
Location
Sussex, WI
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about 50’ between my display tank and my fish room where my Neptune Apex is. Question is how do I run things like leak detectors, the Neptune PAR meter, and LED moon lights that far? Cut wires and splice a 50’ wire? Any help would be great.
 
Thanks. I need the module in the fish room and want to run just one of the leak detectors. Just cut the existing wire and use speaker wires?
 
If the wire that is being spliced has a shield to reduce interference then your going to need to run shielded cable as any interference could change your readings. Make sure to splice said cable properly. My preferred method is to use butt spice crimps and heat shrink. Beldin makes an excellent twisted pair shielded cable.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new