Long Spine Urchin question

  • Thread starter Thread starter hrdneglcry
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hrdneglcry

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2022
Messages
718
Reaction score
212
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120. My Aquatic Life T5 makes a lot of algae on the glass. I've gone to using only two bulbs on a 6 bulb fixture. It must have good reflectors because my Odyssea 4 bulb did not make so much algae or kill purple coraline. I was looking at a long spined Urchin and wondered if they are good at cleaning the glass on the aquarium. Secondly I keep Triggerfish in that tank. A Blue Jaw, a Niger and a Picasso. Would any of these hurt the urchin? Lastly whats the minimum tank size for a large melon size long spine urchin?
 
Get a large one. Longspines are common as algae control in big aggressive tanks. They're known to occasionally nibble silicone so keep an eye out. They also can get MASSIVE and move around rocks so be prepared for that
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new