Long Tentacle Plate Coral look weak

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lisa Cain
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lisa Cain

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
779
Reaction score
455
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week I purchased a Long Tentacle Plate Coral. In the store it was bigger and looked very healthy. In my tank it does not seem to be thriving. No nitrate, no ammonium, however phosphates were a little high. I tried to feed it but it will not eat. I am posting a picture. Please let me know if it looks unhealthy and provide any advice. Thanks in advance.

download (62).jpeg
 
Corals at times need time to adjust, but nitrates are a bit low. I am of the opinion that 10-20 ppm is pretty good for the corals. That's when they experienced the most growth. Can lighting be an issue, that light seems very bright.
 
Thank you, I will turn down the light. It was not that bright but I decided to twist open one of the bulbs that was not on.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new