Long term gyre reviews?

  • Thread starter Thread starter azbigjohn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have a 4' 90 gallon and was not that impressed until I mounted under the top center brace and went to the alternating gyre. Now I love the flow I am getting. Also all three sides are open to view. You don't even notice it up under the center brace.

Up that high, you don't have any problems with vortexes/pulling air bubbles from the surface? Is your rockscape solid across the tank, or interrupted island-type?
 
I have 2 150s on my reefer 525xl with 2 icecap. Yes an overkill and a lot of money but I get the back and forth sway, move a ton of water, and crash them into each other for an hour in the middle of the day. They are going to release a dual gyre with a new controller that will do all kinds of cool stuff without apex very shortly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new