Long time in the making

MooreReefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have too many pictures as everything is still being built and is a few weeks out but I wanted to go ahead and start the thread anyway!

Details:
Tank: 84”x30”x24” glass custom made by Living Reef Orlando
Stand: Aluminum frame with custom furniture in white by Living Reef Orlando
Sump: Custom Sump by Living Reef Orlando (still in progress)
Lights: Radion Xr30 g6 blues
Skimmer: Reef Octopus regal 300int
Doser: Kamoer X4 Pro Wi-Fi
Powerheads: Ecotech Mp-40s
Return: Vectra L2 & Vectra M2
ATO: Neptune ATK
Reactors: Two Aquamaxx reactors (Carbon & GFO as needed)
Heaters: Aquatop 500w with controller, 500w Finnex THH with controller
Rock: 150lbs Marco rock to start. Will increase as needed with Aquascape!
Sand: 200lbs Caribsea Fiji Pink
Controllers: None yet but plan on going hydros route with mastertronic and alkatronic.
Dosing: BRS pharma balling method and eventually Red Sea trace elements
RODI: BRS 6 stage 200gpd unit
Salt: Red Sea Blue bucket (I am also interested in the waterbox salt that was just released and I like the stated parameters but am waiting to see reviews and actual performance data before I decide to switch)

Other equipment I am planning for in the future is a calcium reactor if my dosing ever gets to levels where it’s a financially smarter deal to set one up than to continue buying dosing materials.

I plan for this tank to be a mixed reef but with a heavy focus on LPS and softies over SPS. I’m thinking 80/20 or even 90/10 LPS and softies to SPS. At least to start. I know how the bug can bite and then it’s all downhill from there! This has been a dream tank for me and after a year and a half of research and planning I pulled the trigger! I have most of the smaller items here or ordered and living reef is bringing the rest when it’s time for install!

E100F4ED-EF61-4EA3-B5F7-66B36FC6DBE9.jpeg 5E697E5B-A53D-4335-B152-394E79F7CD00.jpeg

OP
OP
MooreReefing

MooreReefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I look forward to making a jump that big. Probably a few years down the road. Looks like it’s going to be super nice.
Thank you! It’s definitely been a long time in the making! When I first started planning for it, it seemed monumental and like I would never reach the point where I would be finally ready! All I can say is when you do finally make your jump, don’t forget about the little things like I did! Cycling supplies, nori magnet clips and even food all add up on a system this size and I’ve been playing catch-up a little the last few weeks to truly be ready!

OP
OP
MooreReefing

MooreReefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished installing the RODI unit this weekend. Took some time on Monday to figure out how I wanted to mount it and ended up running some tube up my wall and on the ceiling to get it exactly where I wanted! Those wire hiders that you can stick onto walls and above molding really came in handy and worked out better than I thought they would! I have some simplicity 2L dosing containers arriving Friday and am looking for a good magnetic stirrer for mixing my dosing stuff if anyone has any recommendations?

OP
OP
MooreReefing

MooreReefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a pretty busy week but made time Saturday to take a trip and pick up some more stuff! Decided to go with this magnetic stirrer from Amazon

Dosing containers and biomedia came in Friday! I also picked up some two little fishies mega magnet veggie clips as well! I’ve heard that the magnets on them can degrade over time so my plan for right now is to only have them in the tank during feeding! Anybody have any experience or input about the wear on these? I also forgot to mention that I decided to go with a custom lid from top lids! If anybody has any experience with them I would love to see pictures and hear about experiences using their products!

OP
OP
MooreReefing

MooreReefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the lack of pictures as well! I’m still getting everything setup and besides a closet full of salt, dosing supplies and test kits, there is really nothing to share!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back