Long time lurker, first post to say Hi!

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

I joined a couple months ago, but then got super busy and forgot to say HI!

I have been on this site gathering too much information, and learning so much from the community. THANK YOU SOO MUCH!

A little about my setup:
- Reefer 425XL (running for ~1.8yrs, will be 2 in Dec)
- 2x AI hydra26
- Eshops 160 Protein Skimmer
- 2x maxspect xf230's
- ~80lbs reef saver rock
- 1"- 1.5" sand bed
- Aqua UV (forgot size)
- Apex Controller w/ DOS for auto water changes and ATO

Corals:
- 3x Ricordea's (orange, green+pink, and orange+green)
- Multiple Zoa's
- GSP
- And a couple others that I forget the names of, small LPS frags though

Fish:
- 2x Clowns
- 1x Tomini Tang
- 1x Yellow Wrasse
- 1x Scissortail Goby (had two, but one passed post 6mo of receiving it due to velvet)
- 1x (male) pink Lyretail Anthia (had a female, but she passed as well due to velvet)
- 1x Black and Yellow Blennie

You may be asking yourself, "that coral stock is low for the tank", and you would be right...

About 1.5-2mo ago had a mass die off of my SPS and other LPS, whats posted above, is what remained in the end. All params were in check ALK - 8.3-8.5, Ca - 440, Mag - 1250, PO4 - 0.5-1, NO3 - 5-10 (thats just where my tank stays, which i cant complain). I was seriously debating shutting everything down, even my small two nano tanks EVO 5 and 13.5, but I decided to hold out and just "start fresh" after the dust settled. I have been thinking about getting more coral, but I am nervous. I don't want things to die for unknown reasons. The current corals are starting to grow again, but I still have an unsettled feeling.

Anyway, thats my setup, and thank you all for posting! I will try to be better about posting stuff in the future. :)
Welcome to R2R! I have a couple of reefers as well and love them. Sorry to hear about the original crash. Happens to almost all of us at some point so don't let it get you down. If you are looking for more corals maybe a good place to start would be with some of the tried and true corals that known to be tolerant and have undergone many generations of aquaculture. Lots of the ORA corals meet this criteria. Red Plant, Bird of Paradise, Ant Insigns, etc.

OP
OP
TheGerm

TheGerm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I have a couple of reefers as well and love them. Sorry to hear about the original crash. Happens to almost all of us at some point so don't let it get you down. If you are looking for more corals maybe a good place to start would be with some of the tried and true corals that known to be tolerant and have undergone many generations of aquaculture. Lots of the ORA corals meet this criteria. Red Plant, Bird of Paradise, Ant Insigns, etc.

Thanks for the coral suggestions Centerline! One of my favorite SPS was my Bonsai, and Red Planet (all gone now :confused:). I might pick another frag up, here and there and just take it slow as I rebuild the stock.

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the coral suggestions Centerline! One of my favorite SPS was my Bonsai, and Red Planet (all gone now :confused:). I might pick another frag up, here and there and just take it slow as I rebuild the stock.
That sounds like a good plan!

Jamo7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A2A17A1C-E115-4FF3-B516-D41E0A1CDA01.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back