Longfin and Nub Fin clownfish at my lfs..

Would you buy morphs like long fins?

• Yes! Very exotic looking

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No. Looks weird/unhealthy

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters

td3025

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awhile back I posted about the clownfish being sold at one of my lfs going by "Nub tail clownfish" and selling for what I believe was $80 a pop. In my opinion it looked wrong and as if it was a deformity. I asked the owner and he told me it's just a rare morph that is a treasure in aquariums or something like that.... I didn't buy what he was saying obviously.

I only go to this lfs to look, never to buy. His tanks are often ridden with ich and fish covered in fight wounds and such. But this last time I went he had long finned clownfish going for $200 per clown.

I've heard of these online, but what are your opinions of them? I honestly think from afar they look interesting, somewhat cool. But I feel like all that extra finnage just makes it hard for the clownfish to swim and probably isn't healthy..

Here's some pics of both the nub tails:
image.jpeg

Annnnd the long fins:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

OP
OP
td3025

td3025

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bumping this. think this guy sells some odd stuff

Nibejeebies

R2R is the reason for my Insomia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some high end designer clowns out there, one I really like is from Substainable Aquitics, they have a "elite fancy clown" or something like that with super long fine almost like a fresh water beta I believe they go for around 750 ... Each.....

They could be designer clowns but from those pics they look like very healthy regular ocellaris. If they are designer and 200 a pop I have two I only paid 20 each for.

pugcrush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The long fins looked different than the ones Sustainable Aquatics breeds. Longfins should be in a species only tank since they may be picked on by other fish, IMO.

These could be fish bred by a local breeder. I sure hope they weren't intending for this. It could be the angle, but the short fin seems to handicap their swimming ability.

Either of this isn't something I want in a fish. Some like it. To each their own. At the end of the day, you just want a healthy fish. I hope that's the case with these.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%

Back