Longnose filefish

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do oxymonocanthus longirostris eat all types of acropora (is there other species too?)corals or just certain types of acropora, just wondering Cause I read somewhere that they specifically ate only millepora polyps in the wild and would starve themselves if this food source was not present, but I just assumed they ate all types of acropora,

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do oxymonocanthus longirostris eat all types of acropora (is there other species too?)corals or just certain types of acropora, just wondering Cause I read somewhere that they specifically ate only millepora polyps in the wild and would starve themselves if this food source was not present, but I just assumed they ate all types of acropora,

We got two female Orange Spotted Filefish in our 10000L reef tank at work. I was a little worried at first, if they would only eat on the Acropora millepora colonies. But they seems to swim around all of the Acropora species to eat. They also eat some Seriatopora polyps.
But I've also seen those articles about them starving without A. millepora. In our case that wasn't a problem, our graze on more species.

There are some pictures of them somewhere in my build thread in my profile.

Back