Glad you came out of the shadows!
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Spicy Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone!

Longtime lurker, first time poster here. I wanted to introduce myself and hopefully be more active with the reef keeping community that I love.
A little bit about myself:
I've had aquariums since I was a little kid and was always absolutely fascinated by fish and corals. I got my first freshwater tank at 7 years old after months of begging my parents and from then I was hooked. As a teenager I began toying around with saltwater tanks; mostly a hodgepodge of whatever equipment I could get my hands on and tap water salt mix...but it worked for the most part! I would spend all my time pouring over the forums like reef central and nano reef, learning, dreaming and plotting my next Frankenstein tank. Over the years through college and beyond I always kept some kind of saltwater or freshwater tank, always trying new things and trying to push myself with more challenging species and techniques. Eventually I found myself working a part time job at my local fish store to get discounts and cover my fish addiction, but one thing led to another and now it's my current full time job. Working at a large LFS has its ups and downs, but the community of people has been wonderful and It's truly a pleasure to help people grow in the hobby while making friends along the way.

As for my current tanks, I have a 90 gallon SPS dominant reef, a 32 Biocube mixed reef, and a 75 gallon with a red spotted severum "pet fish". Soon the 90 gallon is being upgraded, but I'll leave the details of that for the build thread I'll eventually get around to posting!
"The bad" love your avatar!
Welcome to the Reef :)
What a nice journey you've been on...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 90 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back