Look like spider egg sacks kind of?

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this eggs or sponges or? They don’t seem to be hatching for weeks, but I did see some areas in my overflow where I could see the outline and sack is gone so I’m wondering if those are hatched ones..

IMG_8266.jpeg IMG_8268.jpeg

OP
OP
Bitcoin Reefer

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought they could be Limpet eggs because they started appearing around the same time as I bought 2 limpets that have bunch of babies now. They’re similarly shaped to a limpet shell sort of. Flat and oval, but when I looked up limpet eggs I didn’t find any that look like this.

Ordovician_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this eggs or sponges or? They don’t seem to be hatching for weeks, but I did see some areas in my overflow where I could see the outline and sack is gone so I’m wondering if those are hatched ones..

IMG_8266.jpeg IMG_8268.jpeg

I just noticed these in my tank as well two days ago. They are NOT sponges. I recently added a CUC (snails and hermits) and live rock which had several limpets. So I suspect these are either snail or limpet eggs, I am leaning towards the later. Now that being said I have also noticed two nudibranchs in the tank as well so maybe they are a suspect.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 104 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 82 33.9%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.7%
Back