The Sea Apple Tank

ReeferHD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
This is a continuation of my old thread The 6 Gallon Frogfish Tank a fluval edge I originally set up to condition baby fish before they went into my reef, it ended up housing a small frogfish but unfortunately I lost it to a bad ich outbreak. So I decided to take a different route, I want to create the perfect environment for my favorite invert. The Sea Apple!!

Specifications:
The new tank is an aqueon 20g tall, nothing special but it will never leak like a Red Sea will! ;)

Temp: 76F
Filtration: HOB & Macroalgae
Heater: Eheim Jager
Powerhead: Sicce Voyager Nano (2000gph)
Lights: Steve’s LEDS (originally made for a Red Sea Max 130, powered by a Hurricane controller, you don’t see these often!

The tank as of 5/26/2024:

IMG_3877.jpeg IMG_3868.jpeg

Set up process:
it started when I saw Corals Anonymous had a few Sea Apples in stock, they were on sale so I decided to order one, the next day it arrived, I went and opened it as soon as it arrived, here’s what was inside:
IMG_3756.jpeg
It kind of looks like a Sea Apple.. right? I didn’t have high hopes, I was ready to file a DOA but I saw movement in his tube feet, I figured he might just need some clean water so I decided to do a quick drip acclimation and into the 6 gallon he went!
Almost a week later he looks like this:
IMG_3807.jpeg
These animals are far more resilient than people give them credit for! As you can see, he’s still quite discolored and a bit wrinkly but I’m confident that he’ll make a full recovery.

The 2nd Sea Apple was purchased from my LFS a couple days after I received the first one. coincidentally it's the first Sea Apple they have gotten in years!
IMG_3876.jpeg

The majority of equipment and live rock are leftovers from previous projects, which is quite convenient not gonna lie!

Stay tuned for updates :cool:

Last edited:

cdemoss01

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
This is a continuation of my old thread “the 6 gallon frogfish tank” a fluval edge I originally set up to condition baby fish before they went into my reef, it ended up housing a small frogfish but unfortunately I lost it to a bad ich outbreak. So I decided to take a different route, I want to create the perfect environment for my favorite invert. The Sea Apple.

Specifications:
The new tank is an aqueon 20g tall, nothing special but it will never leak like a Red Sea will!

Temp: 76F
Filtration: HOB & Macroalgae
Heater: Eheim Jager
Powerhead: Sicce Voyager Nano (2000gph)
Lights: Steve’s LEDS (originally made for a Red Sea Max 130, powered by a Hurricane controller, you don’t see these often!

The tank as of 5/26/2024

IMG_3877.jpeg IMG_3868.jpeg

Set up process:
it started when I saw Corals Anonymous had a few Sea Apples in stock, at $40 I decided to order one, the next day it arrived, I went and opened it as soon as it arrived, here’s what was inside:
IMG_3756.jpeg
It kind of looks like a Sea Apple.. right? I didn’t have high hopes, I was ready to file a DOA but I saw movement in his tube feet, I figured he might just need some clean water so I decided to do a quick drip acclimation and into the 6 gallon he went!
Almost a week later he looks like this:
IMG_3807.jpeg
These animals are far more resilient than people give them credit for! As you can see, he’s still quite discolored and a bit wrinkly but I’m confident that he’ll make a full recovery.

The majority of equipment and live rock are leftovers from previous projects, which is quite convenient not gonna lie!

Stay tuned for updates
Interesting I love sea apples!

OP
OP
ReeferHD

ReeferHD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple morning pictures before lights turn on

IMG_3887.jpeg
This guy still isn’t 100% but he’s looking better

IMG_3885.jpeg
And this one is loving life! closed a bit when it saw my shadow.

OP
OP
ReeferHD

ReeferHD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone.
Something came up short notice and unfortunately I’m not going to have the time to care for these guys. I’m sorry this build thread had to end so soon but I want the best for them.
if any of you guys are interested they are for sale!

Back