Looking buy or trade some cheap sps

reefz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, ive only been in the hobby for about 2 years and my 150g is filled with lps and soft coral. Everything is overgrowing, and need to start selling or giving away some of my coral. I want to start an sps section of the tank, but I cant spend alot. So if anyone has alot of sps (acros, montipora, ect.) id love to buy some from you. Im not too picky of certain colors or names, just some nice looking frags or colonys. I cant really spend more then $10 a frag, but can pay more for a decent sized colony. If you are intrested in trading, I can hook you up with some good sized frags or colonys. Heres what I have:

Hairy green mushrooms
Fingerleather
Neon Green fingerleather
Xenia
Hammers
Green Cabbage Leather

08048CE3-A905-4E31-B884-5DEF25D376E2.jpeg 6249083D-290E-4FDC-ACE9-B956FECC2796.jpeg

Last edited:

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This might not be entirely true, but I would anticipate that people who are successfully fragging acros might have tanks that are not ideally suited to the types of coral that you have for trade.

If you're after cheaper SPS, I would wait for one of the R2R sales. If you're not after the high end stuff then you can often get some bargains on the more common (but still very nice) stuff. This way you can buy several frags at once and combine the shipping cost (which isn't desperately cheap).

OP
OP
reefz

reefz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might not be entirely true, but I would anticipate that people who are successfully fragging acros might have tanks that are not ideally suited to the types of coral that you have for trade.

If you're after cheaper SPS, I would wait for one of the R2R sales. If you're not after the high end stuff then you can often get some bargains on the more common (but still very nice) stuff. This way you can buy several frags at once and combine the shipping cost (which isn't desperately cheap).
Yeah but sales aren’t happening right now. My lfs has really crappy frags and almost entirely rely on online. A friend of mine sold me a huge colony of green acros, but then fragged it up and sold all of it. And usually sales are very hard to get good prices because everything is gone by the time it’s posted.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a package arriving today from a recent R2R sale and there’s another one this weekend (but I don’t know what SPS they have coming up). The sales are happening all the time. I agree that sometimes the bargains are difficult to snap up but it’s not impossible - 4 of my corals in this latest order were less than $15 each (not SPS as I wasn’t looking for them, but I am sure they were there too).

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a package arriving today from a recent R2R sale and there’s another one this weekend (but I don’t know what SPS they have coming up). The sales are happening all the time. I agree that sometimes the bargains are difficult to snap up but it’s not impossible - 4 of my corals in this latest order were less than $15 each (not SPS as I wasn’t looking for them, but I am sure they were there too).

Totally agree. There are so many live sales here....sometimes two vendors are having a live sale on the same day. Cheap SPS at these sales are easy to get.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back