• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Looking for a bubble magnus doser

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently looking for a bubble magnus doser master unit. If you have one available please pm me. I'm tired of manually dosing. Thanks
Will

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I am currently looking for a bubble magnus doser master unit. If you have one available please pm me. I'm tired of manually dosing. Thanks
Will
Jebao units also good

OP
OP
W

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao units unfortunately have a lot of defects and I can't risk nuking my tank. I have to much non replaceable stuff.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Jebao units unfortunately have a lot of defects and I can't risk nuking my tank. I have to much non replaceable stuff.

I now have magnus on my large tank (360g) but had the Jebao DP-4 on it for almost 2 years trouble free. Below is an old shot with jebao unit dosing system

360kk.png

OP
OP
W

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank bud. I've heard lots of people getting them without issue but at the same time lots of people with issues. It scares the hell outta me. How do you like your bubble magnus?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thank you
Magnus I like ( bought it because I got a good deal on it) and even kept Jabao as backup as it was good to me

Weikel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a lot of research on the jeabo and most reviews where good. I have one now and have had no problems. I did recently by a bubble magnus skimmer but have yet to try it. After reading the bubble magnus instrustions which sucked I think the brand is the same Chinese stuff as jeabo.. not that the stuff is bad but I dont think bubble magnus is a top notch brand or far superior to jeabo.. just read the notice section of my instructions start with number 1 and enjoy lol

20180808_162134.jpg

OP
OP
W

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha that's a load of crap considering the cost of bubble magnus. Is the jebao fully programmable like the bubble magnus? I need programmable since I don't run a controller.

Weikel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea imo it's super easy to set up but the jeabo instrustions suck as well but there is good YouTube videos on how to do it. After I did it once it is super easy..

To set up the pumps you can choose how many times per day, how many days in the month you want to dose (most dose daily anyways), and the dose amount. One thing is I have a 30 nano and the smallest dose is 1 ml so take that into consideration if you need a super super small dose..

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha that's a load of crap considering the cost of bubble magnus. Is the jebao fully programmable like the bubble magnus? I need programmable since I don't run a controller.

The jebao can do 1ml->think 50ml 24 times a day for each pump. And able to program how long between dosing upto 30 days. Its not the easiest to setup, but have had no complaints with mine. I have to calibrate every 3 months or so. Not huge differences but enough that its easier just to do it. Have a 100ml graduated cylinder for this.

OP
OP
W

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it's for a 40 cube nano but have so much sps I'm dosing 20ml 2 tines a day. I'm just so worried about a doser getting stuck on and dumping 2 part into my tank.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I rarely hear of stuck pumps. Clogging is common with any brand. Jebao has a memory in event of a power outage and i have a nagnus unit.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 57 42.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 66 48.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.9%
Back