Looking for a good reef store

Thoax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys im trying to find a good place to order corals and fish from. Right now iv checked fragbox great corals there but no live stock selection. Iv order a few times from JL aquatics but they are out of the fish im looking for dose anyone know of a place that has a good selection thats in stock.

sbash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not many online store's ship fish in Canada, at least that I have found. Canada Corals might, but you may have to call them and explain your situation. Marine Experience likely ships fish. Fragbox doesn't sell fish, at least didn't when I was in there last.

What part of the country are you in? Given you have ordered fro JL, I am going to guess out west?

OP
OP
T

Thoax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, No im in Toronto about an hr north in Keswick. I ordered from JL when i did my first tank for fish and i am looking at doing so again seeing that no one around me has good stock of fish, I have checked 3 big al's and all they really have is like 4 tanks of salt water and its the same stuff. Yellow tang, Blue tang, fire angle and thats it nothing els really.

sbash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, No im in Toronto about an hr north in Keswick. I ordered from JL when i did my first tank for fish and i am looking at doing so again seeing that no one around me has good stock of fish, I have checked 3 big al's and all they really have is like 4 tanks of salt water and its the same stuff. Yellow tang, Blue tang, fire angle and thats it nothing els really.

Oh, gotcha... I have a business relationship with JL and they won't ship me livestock, only dry goods... Interesting...

There are three main coral retailers I use in Toronto/GTA, Fragbox (although I'll never order from them online again, if i am in the area I would stop in for sure). Canada Corals, I order from them multiple times a year and Candy Corals. There are a couple good basement shops with some nice stuff too, but you would have to find them on Faceplant or kijiji.... Anyway, I would ask the dude from Candy Corals where to get fish. His display and stock tanks have some nice ones in there.

I have a business relationship with NAFB, and they have a good selection of fish overall. They import directly so it does fluctuate depending on who they feel like importing from. I also have a high mortality rate with their fish. That said, I have a high mortality rate with everyone's fish, so it could just be me...

Eackone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if they ship, you'd have to call them but raging reef in Montreal is nice.

CC13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral Reef Shop will ship from what I believe. He has some nice stuff. Give them a call and ask for Red.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back