Looking for a manufacturer

  • Thread starter Thread starter jayjerk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jayjerk

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2014
Messages
139
Reaction score
3
Location
chicago il
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all. I'm looking for someone to give me quotes on a tank build. already got a few looking for some more options.

Thanks
 
We can all thank the English language here...

By "tank build" do you mean you want to have a tank constructed, or that you need help installing a tank? (Not many places do both AFAIK.)
 
You want post #3 then.....not the other one. ;)
 
Most find the silicone sloppy and cuts to be off but there are plenty of others with a good experience. I believe they are only popular because they are one of the few with a website for you to price a build. My advice is to check with a couple of good LFS in your area, get their recommendations and then use their vendor for the custom build. That should also mean they will ship to the store rather than a random drop ship, while giving you a voice as a consumer if anything goes wrong.
 
Most find the silicone sloppy and cuts to be off but there are plenty of others with a good experience. I believe they are only popular because they are one of the few with a website for you to price a build. My advice is to check with a couple of good LFS in your area, get their recommendations and then use their vendor for the custom build. That should also mean they will ship to the store rather than a random drop ship, while giving you a voice as a consumer if anything goes wrong.
Awesome feed back. Thanks for the help. Ive been reaching out to people and that size seems to be an issue. I am on the prowl. I'm in no rush but it's something I want done by years end
 
I had a 200 built by Concept about a year ago.

I got prices from a bunch of places- here they are roughly from cheap to expensive:

Concept Aquariums
Oceans by design
Miracles
Coast to Coast
Reef Savvy
Deep Sea Aquatics

Planet Aquarium in Texas is another option, but I don't know about their cost
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new