Looking for a nice moonlight

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tall 75 gal cube, 24x24x30" tall. I use a single kessil 360we for lighting controlled via my apex. This light doesn't really offer a moonlight and it's not worth the wear and tear to use it as a moonlight. Who makes a decent one? I don't think brs really has much and most of the amazon ones seem a little sketchy. Who makes a nice, safe one?

Ferdinand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tall 75 gal cube, 24x24x30" tall. I use a single kessil 360we for lighting controlled via my apex. This light doesn't really offer a moonlight and it's not worth the wear and tear to use it as a moonlight. Who makes a decent one? I don't think brs really has much and most of the amazon ones seem a little sketchy. Who makes a nice, safe one?
HI

I am new to this hobby but I read up a lot and got a zetlight qmaven zt6800. got all the auto functions with sunrise and moon and all of that.

Gup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havea 55 gallon tall tank, with a hard lid. I mounted, underneath, 2 Current Orbit IC LED lights.

These lights have several functions and just one of them is the sunrise, thru the day, Sunset and moon sequences. Aside from that, they have adjustments for the major colors. What I especially like is the ability to create rolling clouds, lightning and lightning storm functions. And they all look quite realistic mimicking underwater conditions at a free coral reef. They are quite the conversation effects when friends come over.

Included in the remote functions, you can control wave makers simultaneously. That is especially neat when matched simultaneously with lightning storm functions.

OP
OP
J

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for just an add on moonlight, not an entire new light. The apex may be the best way to go because they produce a quality product

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for just an add on moonlight, not an entire new light. The apex may be the best way to go because they produce a quality product
depending on what you have to mount it on, getting a roll of blue LED's off of Amazon might do the trick. I don't think they'd be overly bright, and much cheaper than a new light

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the two bulb Neptune one on my Apex system and it's really nice. Set to follow the moon phases and intensity for my area of the country. I should note though, my current tank has a hood over it . The Neptune one the bulbs are just sitting out there wide open.

OP
OP
J

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the two bulb Neptune one on my Apex system and it's really nice. Set to follow the moon phases and intensity for my area of the country. I should note though, my current tank has a hood over it . The Neptune one the bulbs are just sitting out there wide open.
I have a hood also, what are the dimensions of your tank? I'm not sure how many to get

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you want one?

I think the fish would prefer to sleep in a dark tank than have a light shining.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back