Looking for a real cool sump for my 60 cube build need suggestions

knoxmandan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a 60 cube and the stand and sump are really shabby so Im going to build a new stand and buy a really cool sump with a nice refugium In It. I think Im going to build a over sized stand so I have a work area around the tank to set stuff test kit and whatever while Im working on It Ive done a google search and haven't come up with much melves reef has one but It doesnt really give me the wow factor im looking for I think im going to go 30x30 on the stand top so I can have about 6 inches of counter space around the tank and I was hoping to find a cube sump with the 24x24 foot print or close to that so I have room for reactors and such under the stand any help with this will be greatly appreciated

HiddenUser

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a 60 cube and the stand and sump are really shabby so Im going to build a new stand and buy a really cool sump with a nice refugium In It. I think Im going to build a over sized stand so I have a work area around the tank to set stuff test kit and whatever while Im working on It Ive done a google search and haven't come up with much melves reef has one but It doesnt really give me the wow factor im looking for I think im going to go 30x30 on the stand top so I can have about 6 inches of counter space around the tank and I was hoping to find a cube sump with the 24x24 foot print or close to that so I have room for reactors and such under the stand any help with this will be greatly appreciated

Try contactng Synergy Reef. They can make you a sump to your specifications and design.

reefed419

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ebay has a cube sumps. Synergy makes some super sexy sumps, awesome color acrylic available. Ask around your local forum if anyone has experience working with acrylic. You could always diy. Make it exactly how u like it. I custom built a 12x12 sump for my biocube 14. Water flows in a horseshoe pattern, works pretty good. Even has a small refugium. Good luck with it and let us know what u end up doing.

OP
OP
knoxmandan

knoxmandan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies I love r2r wonderful community of people I have emailed synergy hopefully there in my price range. I'm not sure I could DIY it as I don't really have the tools to build one to my satisfaction lol looked on bey didn't really find any anything as I would like to find one that flows in a u with a fuge in the front because I plan on putting some fancy macro and my spare kessel over it and I'm going to put a window in the stand so I can veiw my tank under my tank lol I'm going to get a picture of the tank set up I have now and post my progress as I go.

bigfoot86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look into Trigger System sumps. Especially the Ruby sumps, sweet looking sumps and totally customizable.

BIKERRAT64

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have 40 gal acrylic sump made by My Reef Crsations.. $150 text for pics 865-621-9857 nice sump.. dd

UOTE=knoxmandan;1699745]I just purchased a 60 cube and the stand and sump are really shabby so Im going to build a new stand and buy a really cool sump with a nice refugium In It. I think Im going to build a over sized stand so I have a work area around the tank to set stuff test kit and whatever while Im working on It Ive done a google search and haven't come up with much melves reef has one but It doesnt really give me the wow factor im looking for I think im going to go 30x30 on the stand top so I can have about 6 inches of counter space around the tank and I was hoping to find a cube sump with the 24x24 foot print or close to that so I have room for reactors and such under the stand any help with this will be greatly appr

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 43 66.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 6.2%
Back