Looking for a reef club to join

grassy_noel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I'm relatively new to reef keeping. I have a nano tank that has been up for about 8 months. I'm looking to join a reef club, as I don't really know anyone else in the hobby, personally. I spend a lot of time on the forums, which is great, but I'd love to actually meet some real people who are into reef keeping.

I live in Highland Park, north of Chicago. It looks like Windy City Reefers is a Chicago-based club. I went to the website but didn't see any information about regular meetings, just info about the frag swap in October. Does the club meet regularly?

Are there any other clubs in Chicago or the north suburbs that I should know about? I'm looking for something with regular meetings where I can meet other reefers.

Thanks!
Noel

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think two clubs just merged in Chicago. The Aquatic Experience gave me the chance to meet some Chicago club guys and they were great. Hopefully it returns to Chicago next year (at New Jersey in 2018). Chicagoreefs, CMAS, I think Windy City is the joint venture of them. Good luck.

OP
OP
grassy_noel

grassy_noel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think two clubs just merged in Chicago. The Aquatic Experience gave me the chance to meet some Chicago club guys and they were great. Hopefully it returns to Chicago next year (at New Jersey in 2018). Chicagoreefs, CMAS, I think Windy City is the joint venture of them. Good luck.
Nice! Any chance you know when and where they meet?

Thanks!

ReeferJen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd also be interested in joining a local reef club. I'm in Schaumburg.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back