Looking for an ID on a strange smooth skin SPS

tangles_the_sparrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I misplaced this fellows name in my master list and my partner and I are split on what he is even species wise.
I think he is a smooth skin acro of some sort, he is leaning toward it being a branching appleberry digi. Given how few branching montis there are, lack of fan shaped tips, and our familiarities with digis, the lack of random/choas in the texture, order within the branching and placement of the bumpy bits, i tend not to think it is that.
What sort of fellow is this? Vendor name isnt the most important but trying to nail down the approximate species is.
Characteristics: Branching, pale green, very small and very few blue extension, smooth skin, incredibly crumbly when fragged, one of the softer feeling coral skeletons, he's in medium to high flow at 250-300 par, medium growth rate.
What do you think?

ID01.jpg

OP
OP
tangles_the_sparrow

tangles_the_sparrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
M. capitata maybe?

Need better pic/daylight
That's him! Read the wiki page, checked some images, and eventually found some very close to my pale green fellow. Thank you so much. He is the only version of the species i have. And while i do hate being wrong, i am thrilled to know what he is! Thank you so much.

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's him! Read the wiki page, checked some images, and eventually found some very close to my pale green fellow. Thank you so much. He is the only version of the species i have. And while i do hate being wrong, i am thrilled to know what he is! Thank you so much.

Id still post a clearer pic with whites on if you want more accurate opinions and confirmation, Pic is a little blurry and too blue.

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea the tube like parts on the top right are throwing me off, does capitata do that?

Agree, they really look like axial corallites, which would rule out Montipora obviously, like its been mentioned, really need a better pic. I was looking at the bumps to see if I could make out if they were radial corallite structures or not and saw that some were fused like verrucae/tuberculaes are on montipora, which led me to my guess.

Like you mentioned though, still need a better pic to be confident in that guess.

Back