Looking for Help with KH Director Issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my KH Director for about 10 months but haven't tried using the Control features until yesterday....and can't get it to work (i.e. the dosing amount doesn't change when the measured KH value changes).

I just noticed that if I disconnect from GHL Control Center (PC) and then re-connect, all the boxes on the Doser 2 page go back to zero (even though I SAVED the settings). I'm guessing these two issues are somehow connected.

Settings:
On the KH DIRECTOR page
: Under CONTROL, is it true that it doesn't matter which one of the 3 bullets are checked because this feature is now obsolete since the new firmware was released.? So, no settings are performed on this page, but rather on the Dosing Pump page , right?

On the DOSER-2 page: I use pump 2 for Alk, so on that page I selected, "ADD-ON CONTROL" and;
- "DOSAGE ADJUSTMENT DETERMINED BY": KH
-"When parameter deviates by this amount": 0.1
-"Adjust each dose by this amount": 0.1
-"Limit raise": 0.3
-"Limit lower": 0.3

Am I missing somethng? Again, I think the problem is related to whatever is causing all the data to be lost when I disconnect and re-connect.

Any ideas and help are appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the latest firmware your correct it been transferred to the dosers and not from the KHD. The first time you do the firmware upgrade if you were doing adaptive or add-on it would copy the settings to the doser.

Is this stand alone KHD with an extra doser 2 connected to it or is this all connected to a P4?

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wrote, "GHL Connect" but I meant GHL Control Center.....(program for PC). Sorry.
With the latest firmware your correct it been transferred to the dosers and not from the KHD. The first time you do the firmware upgrade if you were doing adaptive or add-on it would copy the settings to the doser.

Is this stand alone KHD with an extra doser 2 connected to it or is this all connected to a P4?
It is all connected to a P4. (latest version of Control Center is 1.1.3.2.....right?)

I don't know if this could have anything to do with the problem but, just in case it might, I will mention that another problem I am having is that almost every time I use a Maintenance button on TOUCH, the TOUCH indicates that it loses connection. (Clock and other functions often will freeze). I then have to re-start the P4 and re-start GHL Control Center.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back