Looking for input...Waterbox or concept built tank?

1Bigfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning my next build and am looking at either waterbox 180.5 reef tank or having concept aquarium build me a similar tank. What is everyone’s experience with build quality with either of these companies tanks?
Would you suggest waterbox or concept?
Also, I can get a metal stand made with the concept tank.
What is anyone’s feedback on how the wood waterbox stand is?
thanks for your input

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not familiar with Concept Aquarium, so I can't speak to the quality. However, I did have a Waterbox 230.6 and loved it. The build quality was top notch, beveled glass, uniform black silicone, Herbie overflow, glass overflow box, etc. The stand was also great quality. It is assembled similar to IKEA furniture, but with MUCH higher quality parts. The stand alone weighed something like 100lbs and had NO problem holding a 200g tank with ease. I don't think you can go wrong with a Waterbox.

If you go with the new Reef LX series, you also get the metal stand with included controller board built in, and a depth of 30" front to back!

OP
OP

1Bigfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not familiar with Concept Aquarium, so I can't speak to the quality. However, I did have a Waterbox 230.6 and loved it. The build quality was top notch, beveled glass, uniform black silicone, Herbie overflow, glass overflow box, etc. The stand was also great quality. It is assembled similar to IKEA furniture, but with MUCH higher quality parts. The stand alone weighed something like 100lbs and had NO problem holding a 200g tank with ease. I don't think you can go wrong with a Waterbox.

If you go with the new Reef LX series, you also get the metal stand with included controller board built in, and a depth of 30" front to back!
Thanks! I will look into the reef lx series.

EuphylliaAddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning my next build and am looking at either waterbox 180.5 reef tank or having concept aquarium build me a similar tank. What is everyone’s experience with build quality with either of these companies tanks?
Would you suggest waterbox or concept?
Also, I can get a metal stand made with the concept tank.
What is anyone’s feedback on how the wood waterbox stand is?
thanks for your input
Water box was my best decision so far. They make great tanks for sure. Hopefully you just get the water box and a nice diy lid for it. I have the 7226 peninsula. It's an amazing display.

Arabyps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I chose the Waterbox 5526 Peninsula. I was comparing Red Sea and Waterbox. Red Sea had too many issues in the forums. Waterbox quality is top notch, customer service is personal and excellent. Also, I added a lid from ClearView Lids. They have a library of lids with exact match for many brand name aquariums so you can just order a stock item - no mistakes in measurements. Good luck to you!

Trey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waterbox is very nice. If you can afford to do an extruded stand, do it. Nothing better IMO. That being said I’m very happy I went with waterbox, and the stand quality is fantastic so far ( minus one little hiccup). Much better than what I have been able to do myself in the past.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back