Looking for interesting macro algae.

Aquabucket

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I have to travel more often now I decided to sell off most of my corals and go with a more macro algae dominated tank. If you have any strains that you think would be a nice addition to my display please let me know.

Thanks!
~Spike

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard about your new job Spike. Sounds pretty killer!!!! Congrats too you!! Did you sell off any of your corals yet or no? :p I would be interested in some of them!

Eric

OP
OP
Aquabucket

Aquabucket

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sold most of my exotic stuff to a 120 I set up for a client. I'll post some pics of that tank in the next few days. I was surprised how much my stuff filled it up. I did keep the corals I started out with 6 years ago. These corals have been pretty much bullet proof over the years.

The red chalice was the hardest to let go of. It was also the coral that worried me the most if the tank were to crash while I was away. It had grown to such a nice size and shape. I could have made a small fortune if I were to frag it up and sell it that way. In the end I could never stomach cutting even a small piece of it.

I'd rather find a good home for my corals than to come home one day to a dead aquarium. It was a tough choice to make on my part but a wise one I think.

Any way here are some recent pics of my tank:

40G90904.jpg

40G90901.jpg

40G90903.jpg

I know it no longer has the awe factor than my last tank but it was either this or tear down the tank altogethor.

I will be stocking more fish in this tank and am trying to get a female mate for my pipefish.

Right now I have the pipefish a YWG and 4 chromies. I am ordering a couple of purple firefish this week.

Last edited:

Bri Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats awesome, I love janes addiction!

I do have some macro, but nothing too unusual, maybe 4 types of calupura.

older pic, its about twice as full now...
IMG_1615.jpg

Bri Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
btw, good to hear from you, but Im kinda sad to see my inspiration tank go :(

defiantly a true TOTM (im kinda getting sick of seeing the same tank on RC win every month, they all look the same)

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back