• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Looking for LEDs

Gonzo74

Nibbling on sponge cake...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for LED(s) that can be used to upgrade an older Red Sea Max 250. It currently has T5s and looking to upgrade to something that will work in that 38 inch long tank.

Would like something controllable by smartphone/WiFi but not a deal breaker.

This is for my son-in-law that has recently gotten in the hobby. He does not make a lot so take that into consideration before offering a price. I do not see him spending to much.

All the T5s need replacing, so might as well spend that money on LEDs than buy 6 new T5s.

Yes, I know, LEDs as expensive. I am just reaching out to see if anyone had something laying around that they are not using and are willing to help him.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:)
I do believe it will work for that tank, but I could be wrong. You need to invest in a bit of your time too...so you can't blame me for my free service lol

OP
OP
Gonzo74

Gonzo74

Nibbling on sponge cake...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem. I do appreciate your advice. I will do some research on the light, just did not know if you had experience with it already.

Greengny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this light. Full spectrum. Not WiFi but has a remote for you to adjust intensity and on/off cycle. Not sure of age. But works perfect.
$75 plus $12 shipping.

8C364957-073E-464F-B676-876A3C7297A8.jpeg

BAA14D71-7210-4653-8D50-DB92DB2814BF.jpeg

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The oceanrevive is a good starting point. Not sure of the price. I tend to be a cheapskate.

What I mean by starting point is, this light is able to be modified with fantastic results.

It will do fine as it comes, but, it's able to have the LEDs swapped out for better color if you can solder.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 186 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back