Looking for less common clown gobies

LBehr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tank that I'm trying stock with small fun stuff like sexy shrimp and clown gobies. The only ones that I can find locally are the green and yellow ones. I've seen pics online of a bunch of different varieties like tomahawk clown gobies, black and white striped ones, naked clown gobies, masked clown gobies etc. If anybody knows where to get some of the rarer species please let me know.
Thanks

OP
OP
LBehr

LBehr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas on where to get clown gobies besides the main 3 at fish store (yellow, green and citron).

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would try to contact some online suppliers like reefwise, pacific island aquatics, among the reef....i am sure they can help you out to get some rare ones. good luck

dana_rod

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some a couple of oddballs such as a panda clown goby on yourfishstore.com

OP
OP
LBehr

LBehr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really just looking for fish from gobiodon genus but thanks anyway. Only one I saw was yellow and I already habe a few of them trying to get some variety. THANKS

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely speak to some of the suppliers mentioned. Reefwise has a great source for some bizarre stuff, so definitely ask.

dana_rod

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really just looking for fish from gobiodon genus but thanks anyway. Only one I saw was yellow and I already habe a few of them trying to get some variety. THANKS

You're right, sorry! I mistakenly took the panda as a clown goby but it is t at all.

rich nyc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you tried asking ur lfs if they could get rarer gobies. When I want something I can't find on live aquaria I have my lfs find it. Might take a few weeks but I get what I want.

OP
OP
LBehr

LBehr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried all 4 lfs in town. The one that claims to be best at getting rare fish told me they don't even exist.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back