Looking for lighting advice

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure where you're at in your "ramp up slowly" plan but just wanted to make sure you know the myAI iOS app has an acclimation mode to do that for you -- crescent moon icon in the upper right.
*just a note in case you didn't realize that

OP
OP
cypike

cypike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d stay away from the hammer and torch corals for a little while. You do know they aren’t soft corals yeah? Easy zoas would be a better option, try and get a good established plug of them rather than two freshly fragged polyps.
Yeah I know, they’re supposed to be “easy” though right? Lol

OP
OP
cypike

cypike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure where you're at in your "ramp up slowly" plan but just wanted to make sure you know the myAI iOS app has an acclimation mode to do that for you -- crescent moon icon in the upper right.
*just a note in case you didn't realize that
I didn’t realize this

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t realize this
It's in the upper-right in the image you posted in post# 4.

Basically set your levels how you want them to be in 60 days (or 30 days or whenever),,, then click the Moon to get to Acclimation Mode and set if for 60 days (or however long) and set the starting percentage (like 50% or whatever you want to START with).

AI Prime Settings at 40% of BRS.jpg

CoastalTownLayabout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t say torches are ‘easy’. Hammers are ‘easier’. Thing is you have a 7 week old system, there’s a lot of changes happening and corals appreciate stability. You may get lucky, you may not. Not trying to scare you off anything but there’s a reason why the phrase ‘nothing good happens quickly’ in this hobby is used so often.

OP
OP
cypike

cypike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's in the upper-right in the image you posted in post# 4.

Basically set your levels how you want them to be in 60 days (or 30 days or whenever),,, then click the Moon to get to Acclimation Mode and set if for 60 days (or however long) and set the starting percentage (like 50% or whatever you want to START with).

AI Prime Settings at 40% of BRS.jpg
Well I’m an idiot

OP
OP
cypike

cypike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t say torches are ‘easy’. Hammers are ‘easier’. Thing is you have a 7 week old system, there’s a lot of changes happening and corals appreciate stability. You may get lucky, you may not. Not trying to scare you off anything but there’s a reason why the phrase ‘nothing good happens quickly’ in this hobby is used so often.
That’s cool, I’m ok with waiting too

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back