Looking for new lights for my 96”x42”x36” tank

joporeefpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently running 8 gen 1 radions not getting the growth I want and having difficulty with acros past 50% depth in the tank. Suggestions on new lighting? Orphek? Gen4 radions? I want to stick with led... also interested In selling my 8 gen1’s if anyone wants to message me! Tanks!

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the tank having a depth of 42 inches. I would probably 8 to 10 gen 4’s. Keep in mind they have completely changed since having the gen 1’s. Also I personally use the hydra 52hd’s and that could save you a good amount on money if you went that route as well.

Don’t know much about the Orphek so I can’t really comment on them.

Good luck!

OP
OP
joporeefpro

joporeefpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Length 96 width 42 height 36 so only 36 deep. I know there are huge upgrades to the EcoTech but I have 3 xr15 pros on my office tank and they are having a huge problem with maintaining programming. I have one that keeps shutting off on its own. This is the second light, I have calibrated them, they are on a battery backup so no power blips EcoTech has written me off... kind of disappointed with customer service. Bulk reefs review of Orphek claims they are the best for sps. Period hmm thanks for input

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes orphek maybe a great option then. I’m sure there will be many on the forum that would argue that someone says one specific light would be best for sps. I’ve had everytype of led and currently use t5 as preference but my sps all grow. It would move though to see what your results would be like if you do go with orpheks. I’ll watch your build thread to see what you decide on ;)

Also I think your dimensions threw me off as I usually go off LxWxH But now at least I know what you mean.

OP
OP
joporeefpro

joporeefpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the input I think I might go with 6 Orpheks

Ps My dimensions were l x w x h

yes orphek maybe a great option then. I’m sure there will be many on the forum that would argue that someone says one specific light would be best for sps. I’ve had everytype of led and currently use t5 as preference but my sps all grow. It would move though to see what your results would be like if you do go with orpheks. I’ll watch your build thread to see what you decide on ;)

Also I think your dimensions threw me off as I usually go off LxWxH But now at least I know what you mean.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back