Looking for options on what to feed Blue Green Chromis

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my first fish, 3 Blue Green Chromis in my qt tank for about two weeks on two of them the third added almost a week ago now. They have been doing well so far and have even gotten to the point that they are no longer skittish when I am around the tank. I think they have finally associated my presence with the promise of food. Which brings me to my question, from my understanding these guys like meaty foods. So far they attack the shrimp that I put in with gusto, and will even go after some of the stuff in one of the prepared frozen foods I have for omnivores. I have some frozen scallops that I picked up at the grocery store that I will be trying with them soon also. What I am wondering is if there is anything else that I could try to make sure I am offering a good balance of foods? I have offered them some pellet food that I have, ocean nutrition formula 2 pellets and new life spectrum. These they have pecked at some but really don't show much interest in. I have some ocean nutrition formula 1 pellets that I think I might try and see how they react tomorrow. What other things would be good to try, unfortunately my local store does not have a huge selection on frozen food but I might see if they could order something like mysis for me. Looking for options that I might be able to find in the seafood department at the grocery store. Thanks

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my fish an assortment if brine, mysis, bloodworms, formula 1, formula 2, sea veggies, cyclopeeze, coral frenzy and chopped shrimp. From my experience tue chromis eat anything in my tank(that I add as food), first to start eating and last to stop eating. When I add coral frenzy they swim around eating stuff I can't see out of the water, while swimming all over very rapidly.

Steven R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bloodworks,mysis,brine shrimp, New life spectrum pellets for veggies, flying fish eggs, squid, Make sure you rinse the food so you do not add phosphates to the system. Also if you would like soak the food in HUFAS/OMEGA3_6 or Zoecon (vitamins) Brightwell makes good supplements.

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to feed PE Mysis a LOT, fish loved it. I also liked to use Reef Nutrition Arctipods, and as far as pellet food, Spectrum is the only way to go. There was also a pellet made by reef nutrition that I can't recall the name of, it was made of worms mostly.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back