Looking for Recommendations on Quality Built Ready Made or Custom Sumps.

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations on a Quality Off the Shelf or Custom Sump (one with a relatively short lead time) that could be attached to my WaterBox 180.5 aquarium. I have an area located on the lower floor of my home that I am looking to turn into a life support closet. It Measures approximately 2 Feet, 2 Inches in Depth x7 Feet, 6 Inches in Length x 6 Feet,, 7 Inches in Length. PVC Piping will be plumbed from the upper floor to the lower floor where this sump is located. Eventually it will also feed a 1,000 gallon aquarium to be built on the lower floor in a year or so. I was considering Royal Exclusive or My Reef Creations. However, I'm wondering if their are other companies that produce products just as good? My budget is open but would appreciate saving money if the option is there.

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this on my 185gl. but it wont work for your expansion

Murphsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bashsea. Quality built. Great company. I personally have the SS30 sump and am thinking about upgrading to the twisted skimmer.

sharpimage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get a custom unit done to fit the size you have available. For a 1,000 gallon,you will wa t something big. 200 plus gallon

DaddyFish

“5 percenter”
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are open to having two sumps, which would also give you redundant return pumps, redundant mechanical filtration etc., along with the flexibility to run a "split" flow configuration...
I highly recommend looking at the Trigger Systems Platinum 39 for your system. You could start out with one and add the second as you expand to the 1,000.

Arricefe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG I visited their website and it was a throwback to the 80's. I bet it's still hosted on GeoCities. LOL
Yeah it’s still holding on! Probably won’t pick up any malware there though! Don’t let that stop you from at least considering a LR sump, I’m saving up my pennies for one.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG I visited their website and it was a throwback to the 80's. I bet it's still hosted on GeoCities. LOL

Yeah it’s still holding on! Probably won’t pick up any malware there though! Don’t let that stop you from at least considering a LR sump, I’m saving up my pennies for one.

One man show and Jeff has never been one for fancy theatrics. I remember when I ordered mine, it took me quiet a while to convince him to make something in anything other than the florescent green.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 54 74.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back