Looking for rockwork inspiration for my new 3’ cube

Tobias9413

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a new ( to me) 3’x3’x2’ tank and was looking for scaping ideas. It’s my first cube tank and building the rocks structures for the tank has me stumped. Looking for some inspiration. Let me see what y’all have! Thanks!

Mandelstam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't remember where I saw it now, could have been in one of the aquascape threads here, but it was a super cool scape in a cube. It had a rock wall on the back with quite a big overhang sticking out from the upper part of the tank. It created a very dramatic look with a high dynamic range in lighting, from deep shadow to very bright.. I'll see if I can find it when I come back from work.

FartyParty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a cube tank as well so i am familiar with this challenge. Will it be visible from all 3 sides? if so, i would try to make all three angles look equally appealing. I completely rescaped my cube twice for this very reason. I feel that cubes are uniquely awesome in that they can give the feeling of depth from any vantage point. The type of rock can determine aquascaping ability. What type will you use?

OP
OP
Tobias9413

Tobias9413

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a cube tank as well so i am familiar with this challenge. Will it be visible from all 3 sides? if so, i would try to make all three angles look equally appealing. I completely rescaped my cube twice for this very reason. I feel that cubes are uniquely awesome in that they can give the feeling of depth from any vantage point. The type of rock can determine aquascaping ability. What type will you use?
Definitely visible from three sides. It’ll be a main piece in my new house in 5 months so plenty of time to plan a scape. Not too sure on type of rock but I like the idea from the comment above where there was an overhang. Sounds pretty cool!

What type of rock would you recommend?

Mandelstam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this pic is the one I was thinking about but it's in the same style. Personally I like it a lot, the dynamic range of the lighting is very dramatic.

upload_2018-2-27_18-1-35.png

xyzner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this pic is the one I was thinking about but it's in the same style. Personally I like it a lot, the dynamic range of the lighting is very dramatic.

upload_2018-2-27_18-1-35.png

Where did this come from? I'd like to see more of it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back