Looking for some experience with 30'' deep tanks and LED's

BluewaterLa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello folks,
I am looking for others out there with 30'' deep tanks using LED's to see if they have any actual numbers regarding PAR values.
My sights are focused on some of the Leaders in the industry for lighting such as Radion, AI, the Kessil AP 700 and even the Orphek V4

My tank is 72'' x 24'' x 30'' deep, was SPS dominant before a major hiccup and will likely stay focused in this genre along with some nice clams on the sand bed.
Right now I am getting between 180 and 220 par on the sand bed with lights at 100% which is great but I am looking to change out some things including lighting.

So for those of you who are reefing with 30'' of water height, what are you using and are you getting enough PAR to the bottom for clams and higher light critters ??

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

My tank is a 240 and is 39 deep and I use two current orbit marine pros. From the professional lux meter I have used I get between 180-220 par on the bottom of the tank. I have been growing sps and Maximus clam with a lot of success.

Dan Cyr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a 30" deep 150, following. I have 2 Kessil A360WE's mounted in a Aquatic Life 48" T5 hybrid now. Going to try and get numbers this week

OP
OP
BluewaterLa

BluewaterLa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else care to share some information on their lights, % run at and if you have any par readings running Said lights over a 30'' deep tank
I appreciate it.

taxiem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 27x27x29 deep and am running 2 ai prime HD's over it - good growth so far with them running no more than 60% power. I have a mixture of softies, acans, euphylia and a smal number of SPS xx

OP
OP
BluewaterLa

BluewaterLa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 27x27x29 deep and am running 2 ai prime HD's over it - good growth so far with them running no more than 60% power. I have a mixture of softies, acans, euphylia and a smal number of SPS xx

Thanks for the info.
What is your aquascape like ?
Or rather are your high light demand corals up toward the top of the tank ?
In my tank I like to have the rock no more than half way up or so in the tank to allow fish swimming room and lots of room for colonies to grow out large.

taxiem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info.
What is your aquascape like ?
Or rather are your high light demand corals up toward the top of the tank ?
In my tank I like to have the rock no more than half way up or so in the tank to allow fish swimming room and lots of room for colonies to grow out large.

My scape is quite high so I have the SPS up top, lps midway and on the sandbed and softies scattered everywhere lol The LPS on the sandbed are doing just fine though - thi is an older pic before I started adding lots of coral xx

wetday4.png

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back