Looking for Stocking advice

WhitePanther93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just made an emergency upgrade from a 20 gallon tank to a 29 gallon tank. I have a 10 gallon tank underneath for what I’d say is 35-37ish total water volume.

my current stocking is 2 clowns, a fire fish, a tailspot blennie, a high fin red bared goby, acleaner shrimp, a curly-cue pistol shrimp, 3 trochus snails 3 nassarius snails, and a black mystery snail that hitched a ride on one of my corals from wwc.
I’m thinking of adding another nassarius or 2 and and one of my previous trochus didn’t survive the rehoming so I need to replace it.
But as far as fish go, am I well stocked. Would adding another small fish or two be too much. I’m probably asking a lot out of an additional 9 gallons.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the 2 shrimp and 7 snails are practically Zero bioload, right?... so counting fish, you have 4 smaller fish in a 29 gallon tank. I wouldn't say you're over-the-line yet on fish-- just keep picking appropriate ones. My 2-cents. Best wishes! ;)

OP
OP
WhitePanther93

WhitePanther93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the 2 shrimp and 7 snails are practically Zero bioload, right?... so counting fish, you have 4 smaller fish in a 29 gallon tank. I wouldn't say you're over-the-line yet on fish-- just keep picking appropriate ones. My 2-cents. Best wishes! ;)
Any recommendations?

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a Talbot and an Azure Damsel, same size, introduced at the same time. Lots of nice pink, blue, and yellow color right there.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I count 5 fish in there, thats pretty full already. If you really wanted to you could probably get away with something small like a clown goby or neon cleaner goby.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back