Looking for suggestions

  • Thread starter Thread starter jbaur
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jbaur

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2023
Messages
68
Reaction score
27
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have a mixed reef and I'm looking for a suggestions on what coral I should be considering in this spot.

I would like some movement so that's why I decide to post this in the LPS forum, but I'm also considering placing an SPS in this area just because I think it might be the least problematic.

Neighboring corals are royal blue, fluorescent green and mauve, so I'd like to try and avoid those colors for this spot.

I was thinking an orange or light blue frog spawn or bubble coral would look nice, but I'm concerned about the flow. Another thing I was considering was a few rock flower anemones.

Par is between 250-150 in this area. It's on a 60° slope and around 6 inches at its closest point from the intake of my MP40s that are running around 60%.

Here's a couple pictures of the area and it's current inhabitant which I am trading in...

20240412_114450.jpg 20240412_141609.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new