Looking for tips and advice for success in my tank.

ZachDemitro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, im a new saltwater keeper this year and I have a pretty well established tank with 10 fish currently all healthy happy and eating since August. I am looking to add some more expensive and prize fish but im not sure how to exactly go about it with the highest chance of success. My father is a experienced reef keeper but not with the fish im looking to add and I am hoping i can keep them without disrupting the chemistry in my tank. Its a 150 Gallon Fowler Tank with a 100Gal skimmer marine land HOB 450 emperor a UV sterilizer a Eheim 2217 canister filter and a well equipped heater i dont know the name of. I just wanna know if i should feed certain foods be providing sponges or other things will these fish fight or kill all my other fish. I currently have a Annularis, Foxface rabbit, Blue hippo tang, 2X mocha storm clowns, Royal Gramma, Cherub Pygmy, Blue atlantic tang, Tibicen Angel and a goby with a few odd inverts.
Looking to add a Flame angel, Majestic, Blueface, Queen Angel, and a Rock beauty. I am looking to add all at the same time. More than likely juveniles I think my bioload can handle it. My only worry is Aggression and do i not have the space or capacity for these fish to be comfortable and will they all kill eachother which i know depends on the fish. Water parameters are perfect. Will provide photo of my tank below.

OP
OP
Z

ZachDemitro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if I should quit while I'm ahead. My tank is very nice in my eyes and I am happy with it. I could be happier but I could settle. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2075.jpeg
    IMG_2075.jpeg
    156.8 KB · Views: 35

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t give up. You got this. Can you quarantine to get the new fish used to you, your water, food and schedule? This could help with success. Also, I have. Heard of separating a tank to have the fish see one another without physical contact. This could help to ease aggressiveness. I think it is called an acclimation box.

OP
OP
Z

ZachDemitro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t give up. You got this. Can you quarantine to get the new fish used to you, your water, food and schedule? This could help with success. Also, I have. Heard of separating a tank to have the fish see one another without physical contact. This could help to ease aggressiveness. I think it is called an acclimation box.
I plan on getting the fish already eating the typical mysis, spirulina brine, some flakes. I feed twice a day once at 12 in the afternoon and then 6-8pm. I usually let them sit in the bag in the top of the tank to acclimate temperature and let the other fish see the new fish. Then I drip them in the bucket for some time and just net the fish. I could quarantine the four together but my QT is not large compared to my display and my QT is nowhere near as established as my display it's freshly cycled per say.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 145 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back