New reefer looking for help and equipment for large tank

slim2324

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I am new to reefing. I have a 8ft 240 gallon tank that has been running for 6 months. I started with already cycled media and live sand. It cycled in about 2 weeks and already has fish in it for months. My goal is to have a sps dominant tank. I am looking for anyone selling equipment like lights and anything else I will need to get my tank ready for sps. I have very little coralline algae starting to grow and was told when it starts growing my tank was ready. Please contact me if you have things for sale and or helpful advice. I never took care of any coral but I have been educating myself by watching all the Brstv videos and other reefers YouTube.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it were me I’d cop some good gulf rock and QT it for a month or so…let all the nasties reveal themselves and deal accordingly before transferring to the main DT…
it’s worth it….
to “clean up” gulf rock I use large clear 20g storage bins and cheap aqueon powerheads…

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 71 75.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back