• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Looking for True Nano Conches

kazeespada

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love conches. I think they are super cute. However, I have an 8 gallon nano reef. To small for the commonly available conch species. I am looking for anyone who may have Maculastombus Maculatus AKA Strombus Maculatus. A true nano conch. Everywhere I look, I can't seem to find these or instead get Dove snails(Columbellidae spp.) which are not true conches. If you have some for sale, I would like to buy some.

420yoshi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love conches. I think they are super cute. However, I have an 8 gallon nano reef. To small for the commonly available conch species. I am looking for anyone who may have Maculastombus Maculatus AKA Strombus Maculatus. A true nano conch. Everywhere I look, I can't seem to find these or instead get Dove snails(Columbellidae spp.) which are not true conches. If you have some for sale, I would like to buy some.
try a tiger conch, they stay pretty small.

Clutchiee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every recommendation says they need at least 30 gallons to find enough food, and they grow to 3 inches long. At some point it would outgrow the 8 gallon.
I put one in my 20 long and it decimated my hair algae in less than a week. I’m talking 2” hair algae that i never once cleaned. It’s now climbing on my rockscape to grab some more 2”+ hair algae. I hope it doesn’t starve.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.7%
Back