Conch in Biocube?

MariahP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I’m looking for some help with my sand bed management. Right now whenever I do a water change I siphon out the sand but that’s the only thing moving the sand around besides a few nassarius snails. I’ve read that conchs can help out with keeping the sand bed turned over. I have a 32 gallon biocube - is that too small for a conch?

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I’m looking for some help with my sand bed management. Right now whenever I do a water change I siphon out the sand but that’s the only thing moving the sand around besides a few nassarius snails. I’ve read that conchs can help out with keeping the sand bed turned over. I have a 32 gallon biocube - is that too small for a conch?
Nope. It’s good. Tiger or fighting work great.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got a tiger conch in my 15 gallon. He is always out and about cleaning my sand!

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!! Do you continue to vacuum the sand or just let it do its thing?
it works itself out. I lost my fighting conch in there and bought another. After I got the next one, the other turned up. SO I actually have 3 fighting right now in a 32 cube. They will be transferred eventually to the bigger tank but not an issue right now. I also have a Jawfish though and he displaces sand like crazy. so my sand is frequently moved around, just not by me.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 79 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back