Looking into doing a nano zoa build. Any advice

Jesmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Looking into doing a 20gal or 30gal inovative marine zoa tank. Any ideas on equipments , upgrades or must haves will be just zoas and shrooms . Will prob run a xr15 pro with no white lights . Trying to make a nice high end softie display .

Any fish i should add i want to keep nutrients down mabby 1 or 2 fish max. Or a pair of harliquin shrimp. Or peackock mantis. Pistol/ goby combo?

Pictures are welcome

btmedic04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an xr15 pro on my nuvo 20 and I like it. it does leave both ends with less light though so a better option may be 2x ai prime hd's for the cost of that single xr15 pro. I have the aqua gadget spin streams on mine and I like the random flow. They are a little loud until they get a good biofilm on them and require being cleaned every so often to continue spinning so keep that in mind. I have a single mp10 for flow in mine and run it on a program between 10-40% flow. Since I am upgrading, this tank will become a frag tank and I am taking a good look at the current usa eflux loop 660gph wave pump set which comes with 2 powerheads and controller. might be worth taking a look at yourself. The one thing I would most definitely recommend is an ATO. I use the icecap ato on my 20, and the autoaqua smart ato micro on my 10 and I love them both. A lot of people also recommend the tunze osmolator. Lastly, while you may consider a skimmer, I don't feel one would be necessary for this kind of set up. I do use an eshopps nano skimmer but you have to perform regular maintenance on it for optimal operation. Stick with water changes until you decide they aren't keeping up with nutrient control

I like utility fish for my reefs. A six line wrasse for pest control, a tailspot blenny for algae control and a goby/pistol shrimp to turn over the sand bed. Harlequin shrimp are cool critters, however they will quickly starve unless you plan on adding asterina starfish regularly.

btmedic04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current FTS of both my nuvo 20 and 10
20190904_183835.jpg

20190904_184002.jpg

btmedic04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you copy @btmedic04 you can't miss. He has killer set ups. I have a low tech nuvo with a few zoas in my build thread.

You have an amazing set up as well bud! Low tech or high tech can create awesome slices of the ocean!

@Jesmann make sure you check out flchamp89's nuvo build as well! His system is exactly what you are wanting to create

OP
OP
Jesmann

Jesmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Thank you ill take a look and let you know what i decide to do!

OP
OP
Jesmann

Jesmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
think im going to do the IM 30 Gallon.or IM 20 Gal Drop Off any idea of power head and upgraded return pump? i think a mp10 is to much for it

btmedic04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
think im going to do the IM 30 Gallon.or IM 20 Gal Drop Off any idea of power head and upgraded return pump? i think a mp10 is to much for it

The return pumps that come with these tanks have been upgraded with their pro kits to the innovative marine mighty jet DC controllable pumps so theres no need to upgrade them any more. The stock pump that came with them before was loud so I replaced it with a sicce 1.0. I use the stock to mix saltwater in my quarantine tank now.

As for the mp10, they can be used just fine with these tanks. I have one in my nuvo 10 that I run at 15% and one in my nuvo 20 that I run at 40%

OP
OP
Jesmann

Jesmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
great info to know thank you for your knowledge

OP
OP
Jesmann

Jesmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
that would be beautiful may add a "screaming green tree" and a blueish teal toadstool i have. i mainly want high end zoas , nice higher end mushrooms mabby a few gonipora and a few leathers

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 132 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back