Looking to identify these corals

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

noxthedragon1236

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2024
Messages
73
Reaction score
113
Location
Eaton Rapids
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are more corals that I have received from someone tearing down a tank what kind of corals are these. and the names of them. looking for info for care.

20240205_163142.jpg 20240205_163052.jpg 20240205_163127.jpg 20240205_163154.jpg
 
Hammer
Acathophyllia
Sick hammer? Possibly BJD. Think cipro treatment for a cure.
 
I think the 4th coral might be a blastomusta?
 
These are more corals that I have received from someone tearing down a tank what kind of corals are these. and the names of them. looking for info for care.

20240205_163142.jpg 20240205_163052.jpg 20240205_163127.jpg 20240205_163154.jpg
First two hammer (2nd pic may be due to low calcium), rock anemone and I believe Leptoseris coral
 
4th coral isn't a Blastomussa; Blastomussa are phaceloid and don't encrust. I would say it's either a plocoid Leptastrea or Plesiastrea
 
I'm thinking favities of some sort, polyps aren't quite right for a Leptastrea
The Favites of that polyp size (pentagona clade) would not be plocoid. There are plocoid Leptastrea:
Leptastrea gibbosa | New Caledonia | Credit: Damien Brouste
1707628946907.png


There is also the other option of Plesiastrea, which seems more likely.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 36 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new