Looking to make some reef friends in SoCal!

Porkchop95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over in Fontana off the 15 almost ready to put fish in my 30 tall so excited ... anyone know a good LFS in the area lol

MarsRover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over in Fontana off the 15 almost ready to put fish in my 30 tall so excited ... anyone know a good LFS in the area lol

It is a schlep for you, but @uniquecorals is considered as one of the best! Great website and they’ll ship it to you so you don’t even need to leave your tank-viewin-chair.

Porkchop95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a schlep for you, but @uniquecorals is considered as one of the best! Great website and they’ll ship it to you so you don’t even need to leave your tank-viewin-chair.

Thanks I’ve looked at divers den and even global aquatics in Ontario but still wish I had more local options besides petco

netdawg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I’ve looked at divers den and even global aquatics in Ontario but still wish I had more local options besides petco
there's Mystic Reef in Jurupa Hills area off Limonite, my home LFS in the area is Treasures of the Sea off Van Buren. There's also Elliott's pets in Riverside near Central.

Out your way a bit closer - Tropical Reef on Foothill in Rancho has some lower end corals and decent for fish. Looks like a place named Fontana Tropical off of Sierra out by you as well. MAK Corals in Colton is one I haven't tried yet but seems to have good reviews.

Porkchop95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there's Mystic Reef in Jurupa Hills area off Limonite, my home LFS in the area is Treasures of the Sea off Van Buren. There's also Elliott's pets in Riverside near Central.

Out your way a bit closer - Tropical Reef on Foothill in Rancho has some lower end corals and decent for fish. Looks like a place named Fontana Tropical off of Sierra out by you as well. MAK Corals in Colton is one I haven't tried yet but seems to have good reviews.

Thanks for the feed back

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
San Diego here. I expect all of you to head down south a little and make it to MACNA this September. No excuse to not go when it is in your own backyard. :)

Welcome sheatime. I remember when I just had my 300g tank up and running. It really is a great feeling.
Is MACNA for sure coming back? I haven't seen anything about that. I loved it last year!

EDIT: Sorry just saw this was in 2015 ;Facepalm

Pedal Dangit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice to see some local reefers. I'm in Temecula and returning to the hobby after 10 years off.

send me a PM if you have stuff to sell! I need everything! :eek:

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huntington beach!! orange county hay! me and my husband both started our own tanks
Congratulations to both of you. I find it interesting you both started one, as opposed to one larger shared one. What size tanks did you each get? What do you plan on keeping? Good luck with them both.

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Menifee here... Im looking for local reef friends to... not too many around here it feels like... hit me up... I just started getting into corals

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I'd out this out there again, SCMAS is the probably the most active local club. There is IEMAS, but I haven't heard much from them lately. There is also a very active club in SD.
For what it worth, SCMAS is having a couple of GREAT speakers the next few months including this upcoming Friday.
SCMAS meets the 3rd Friday of the month at 7pm at the IHop at 1001 E. 17th Street, Santa Ana CA.
All are welcome, and no need to be a member to attend. Being a member definitely has it's perks and I highly recommend it.
If anyone has any further questions, feel free to pm me here..

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back