Looks like eggs, but from what?

Kens Bees

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this group on a frag rack yesterday morning, by noon it had blown off. You can the size when compared the egg crate rack. They're white, shaped like a tampon, and have me nervous. Any ideas?

IMG_6032[1].JPG IMG_6031[1].JPG

bushdoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some species of Architeutis, I suppose.
Just kidding, following only, hopefully someone finds an answer.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this group on a frag rack yesterday morning, by noon it had blown off. You can the size when compared the egg crate rack. They're white, shaped like a tampon, and have me nervous. Any ideas?

IMG_6032[1].JPG IMG_6031[1].JPG
No idea but love your description! Lol!

kjkszpj9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1697270506209.png

My only guess if were talking snail eggs would be conch strombus eggs cause they look pretty similar but im unsure if you even have conches

1697270558137.png

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What creatures do you have in your tank? Any cephalopods such as an octopus or squid? Did these things have any holes in them anywhere?

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1697270506209.png

My only guess if were talking snail eggs would be conch strombus eggs cause they look pretty similar but im unsure if you even have conches

1697270558137.png
What is that first photo? I've had something that looks exactly like that on my Duncan for months

OP
OP
Kens Bees

Kens Bees

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What creatures do you have in your tank? Any cephalopods such as an octopus or squid? Did these things have any holes in them anywhere?
it's a bare bottom. four BTA's, two clowns, a handful of LPS frags and the rest is 90% SPS. There's a handful of snails, no crabs. No conchs, astrea's nerites, and some others I don't know the names of.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's a bare bottom. four BTA's, two clowns, a handful of LPS frags and the rest is 90% SPS. There's a handful of snails, no crabs. No conchs, astrea's nerites, and some others I don't know the names of.
Honestly, I’m not entirely sure what these are, but I’m half convinced that they may be octopus eggs of some variety (for a pic of octopus eggs to compare with that look pretty close, see the link below):

OP
OP
Kens Bees

Kens Bees

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I’m not entirely sure what these are, but I’m half convinced that they may be octopus eggs of some variety (for a pic of octopus eggs to compare with that look pretty close, see the link below):
somebody's got some 'splainin to do then. But yes, they looked almost exactly like picture D. It's a little more complicated over the last few days. Just before I saw these things one of the clowns stopped eating. She hasn't really eaten since and now has popeye in both eyes, starting to cloud over but clearly affecting her vision.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just before I saw these things one of the clowns stopped eating. She hasn't really eaten since and now has popeye in both eyes, starting to cloud over but clearly affecting her vision.
That sounds like a case to bring up with Jay and the #fishmedic crew - good luck with the clown!

As a note for the ID - if they are Octopus eggs, most octopus die shortly after mating/laying eggs, so any octo in your tank would most likely either be dead already, or will be dead within the next few days.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%

Back