Looks like I will be eating ramen for the next couple of months

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the last couple of days I have been pricing out auto insurance for a car that I will be getting this month, and with the insane prices that I keep finding it looks like I am going to be eating ramen morning noon and night for the rest of the year :cry: Anyone have any suggestions of insurance companys to check out that won't cost an arm and a leg for coverage? $500 to $600 seems a bit high to me for 6 months of basic coverage with a clean driving record and a 17 year old vehicle, but than it has been awhile since I have had to look at buying my own policy, so it is possible that rates have skyrocketed since I last had to look :noidea:

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have state farm and pay $40ish for full coverage on a 95 S10.

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to here that Barb. My insurance is only for certain government employees. Good luck.

Country Boy using tapatalk on his EVO

OP
OP
B

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, State Farm is one of the ones that I am planning on checking into on Monday. Maybe I should consider moving out of state, planning on going back to college in the next year or so and seems like Michigan has one of the higher tuition rates when I compare it to the tuition in other states. Maybe I should find a place where the tuition for school and car insurance is not going to completely make me broke, LOL :D

OP
OP
B

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is double that for full coverage. Why just liability? I wouldnt.

The car is 17 years old, I am buying it out right no financing. The value of the car is not worth what I would get for full coverage if it was in an accident, they would probably total it out and what I would get is not worth paying the price for full coverage. If it was a new car or only a couple of years old that would be a different story.

Lateral72

Chaetodontidae
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fact you are in a suburb of Detroit is probably killing your insurance. I don't know how old (or young) you are, either.

Most people with low premiums have been with their agents/companies for a long while.

jonbar1

Growing Out
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geico was the cheapest when I went shopping last year. Even cheaper after 6 months when time to renew.

OP
OP
B

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My age shouldn't be hurting me, in fact it should be helping since I am 32. Actually Howell is not a part of the Detroit Suburbs, but I am guessing that small city/rural area isn't helping.

My experience in the past has actually been the opposite with insurance companies, the last company I was with continued to raise my premiums every 6 months at renewal. No tickets or accidents to justify raising my rates. Just my experience when it comes to dealing with insurance companies.

OP
OP
B

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geico was the cheapest when I went shopping last year. Even cheaper after 6 months when time to renew.

So far with the ones that I have checked online that is what I have found also. Going to have to wait until Monday when I can start calling some of the local offices and see if anyone can do any better.

wysiwyg

marine predator man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
me and my wife pay 49 dollars a mnth for liability on 2 vehicles 98 plym voyager and a 96 cadillac we have cincinatti something dont remeber the whole name but were locked in on that price for 1yr

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm paying 132 a month for one full coverage as one liabitly threw all state. On 95 civic and 2005 civic cheapest we have found and has best coverage. Was with usaa and they beat tem by 40$ and the
Usaa only had $25000 personal injury coverage and all state is $100000

orlando809

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pay 73$ for 2 cars 02 altima and 00 accord
Is just the liability comprehensive= it cover hail,vandalism,if something fall on top of the car like a tree or whatver but if i crash into someone and is my fault it only covers them,and im only 26y/o no ticket or accidents

"You are in good hands"

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also with State Farm of Michigan. $63 a month for PLPD for a 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee, with anti theft. Been with them for 15yrs. Wonderful customer service!

SPSjunky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have gieco for both my cars. $70 a month for the 2009 stratus and $320 a month for the 2012 gt500

Ryan2112

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been with progressive around ten years now I'm 31 safe driver no tickets and pay $108 a month for full coverage On a 08 Chrysler 300. My Girlfriend has a 08 Toyota yaris with the same stats as I and she pays more then I do. But they say $172 a month total if we go on the same policy.

chort55

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check geico, and progressive. They have been cheapest for me last couple go arounds.... I have 2 tickets, in last few years (dealed out to 5 over on hwy. lol), a '03 tahoe, and a '04 yukon. I am 29, wife is 24.... I pay $245 a month in Flint..... plpd isn't much different tho really, mine went up like $15-20 a month from plpd on a older bmw to my tahoe w/ full.

Also, the a
ge of the vehicle could play a role in the cost because they could view it one of 2 ways.... its old crap that wont hold up in an accident, or its real metal and will mess someone up bad if you hit todays cars lol

bige

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of car is it? That's gotta be the problem. I have a 2008 suv and a 68 nova that is custom and is covered at 25000 and I don't pay over 200 a month. And I have tickets and wrecks.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back