Looks like Love Nassarius Style

Homestarmy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 24, 2023
Messages
65
Reaction score
75
Location
Metro Detroit
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

A couple of months ago I happened across a couple of snails entangled and rolling around the floor of my aquarium. I thought to myself that those snails really like or dislike each other. Turns out it was the former and now I have hundreds of little snails sliding rampart around my tank.

I think they’re Nassau’s, but I’m finding that’s a rather broad term, so I was wondering/hoping if anyone could ID them for me. I can try to get more/better pics if need be.

Thank you!
IMG_1523.jpeg
 
Hello,

A couple of months ago I happened across a couple of snails entangled and rolling around the floor of my aquarium. I thought to myself that those snails really like or dislike each other. Turns out it was the former and now I have hundreds of little snails sliding rampart around my tank.

I think they’re Nassau’s, but I’m finding that’s a rather broad term, so I was wondering/hoping if anyone could ID them for me. I can try to get more/better pics if need be.

Thank you!
IMG_1523.jpeg
Sort of looks like a Welk to me. Which is not a friend and they eat Clams and potentially other snails.
Whelks don’t burrow in the sand. Do you see these burrowing and chilling with their siphon/periscope above the sand whilst they lay beneath?
I’d remove.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new