Looks like I'll be ordering everything online

Reefer5060

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's my luck that the bridge connecting me to the interstate get demolished by a cargo vessel. Literally 20 minutes after I get the LEDs up and running !! For those of you that have watched the news the eggners ferry bridge collapsed adding and more than an hour to the closest fish store. The gf missed the collapse by 2 hours she commutes over that bridge every day , I just thank the lord that she didn't work late!!!!!

Bishop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in most cases it is cheaper to buy online anyway. I do like buying fish locally though because they have fairly standard pricing. Coral and equipment are generally sold at prices made for suckers though.

OP
OP
R

Reefer5060

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other problem is that the
main fiber optic line that connected us to the Internet was also severed so Internet speeds here are suffering as well.

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in most cases it is cheaper to buy online anyway. I do like buying fish locally though because they have fairly standard pricing. Coral and equipment are generally sold at prices made for suckers though.
Local Fish stores have Overhead and Employees and are a Big Supporter of the Club in many different ways that make up for the few dollars difference that you may save after shipping. Plus you can never get the same Customer service from a PC Store.
If the LFS go out of business then where will you buy anything that you need NOW not in a week?
Bill

nerdwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that Reefer...hope your ISP gets something sorted out for you soon. I worked for a phone company that was burying it's own fiber optic cable, and I remember the cost for us was around $1,000,000 per mile, so if they have to reroute a bunch of fiber, be patient with them. :)

+1 to what poolkeeper said. Unless you like to do your reef shopping at chain stores like Petco, consider supporting an LFC where the staff is knowledgeable , the selection is good, and the animals are healthy. It's like paying taxes...sure you'd rather keep the money in your pocket, but you'd also like someone to answer the phone when you dial 911.

OP
OP
R

Reefer5060

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very patient one of my good friends is the et in charge of this area . He has been working @ triple time since Thursday night. He looks at it like he's getting his house paid off quicker lol
I try and support Lfs as much as I possible can. There are certain things that just don't work well when buying online , like frozen foods lol not worth the shipping expense

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back